What's in your playlist?
I love music, it's always there for any mood you're in, happy, tired, calm, really anything. People enjoy different genres, sometimes this helps others connect or bond about the same things, for example liking the same artist or band. For me, I love music because it's an escape where I can just forget about the world. I listen to music usually when I study or whenever I feel like. It plays a rather big role in my life. Whenever I feel stressed about school putting on my favorite playlist helped me refocus and get my work done. My playlist has many different genres in it, for example, indie, jazz, rock, regional Mexican, and a lot more. Each genre in my playlist reflects a different part of my personality, from my love for being calm to my connection with my culture.
I grew up with music due to my father sharing his love for it with me and my siblings blasting songs on his speakers that were bigger than me at the time. There was even an instance when our neighbors complained about the noise because it was so loud! Most of the music he played was Spanish music, specifically an artist named Luis Miguel. At any point I hear music from Luis Miguel, I always think about the person who introduced me to him, my father. I grew to love Luis Miguel, and honestly, I'm glad I did because it gave me and my father a way to connect through music. Listening to music he used to play brings back a sense nostalgic and reminds me of all the good memories we shared together.
School becomes stressful and it's always hard to focus on my work when I tend to procrastinate a lot. Music is always a good tool to help me refocus and finish what I started. Playing a calming artist such as Laufey, her soft vocals and meaningful lyrics gives me a serene feeling getting rid of all the noise going on in my head. I sometimes catch myself just staring at a blank google doc, thinking about a project I have due the next day, and I'll put on a song by her. 'Must be love' is one of my favorite songs by her as it has a gentle guitar tune.
I don't have much on my playlist but every single one of them means something to me. I am grateful I have ways I can listen to music. Even if it's just for the feeling of nostalgia or helping myself calm down from being stressed, I will forever appreciate music for what it is.
Love music too(If that wasn't obvious). I like how you explain the importance of music to you and why it is so sentimental through elements such as your dad(which same). It's safe to say I am not surprised on who you wrote about in the slightest. Music seems very important to you and I can see that through the fact that every time I see or hear Luis Miguel you're the first one I think of!
ReplyDeleteshout out to my KING luis miguel
Delete